Whether you are a beginning or an experienced nurse educator, you will get new ideas for your teaching in our Nurse Educator Tips for Teaching podcast. Experts share teaching strategies you can use with your nursing students. Recent episodes include:
- 8/12/20 – A Fun Learning Activity for Students in a Mental Health Course
- 7/29/20 – Online Clinical Postconferences
- 7/29/20 – Retention Counselor in Nursing: A Unique Success Strategy
- 7/15/20 – “Got Alignment?” Tips for Online Course Alignment
- 7/3/20 – Covid-19: Infection Prevention Content for Prelicensure Nursing Students
- 7/1/20 – Preparing Our Future Nurses: A New Model for Undergraduate Nursing Education
- 6/17/20 – Medication Commercials: Interactive Teaching Activity for Nursing Students
- 4/29/20 – Communal Farewells
- 4/24/20 – Adapting a Clinical Debriefing Activity to an Online Format
- 4/22/20 – Transitioning Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing Clinical Experience to Online Virtual Format
- 4/15/20 – Connecting with Students Using Audio-Enhanced Discussion Boards
- 4/11/20 – Remote Teaching for Large Classes: Using Design Thinking Model of Innovation
- 4/8/20 – Dean’s Perspective: Coping with Covid-19 in Schools of Nursing
- 4/6/20 – Civility Mentor: Virtual Learning Experience for Nursing Students
- 4/3/20 – Virtual Simulation
- 3/31/20 – Preparing Faculty for Online Teaching: fast
- 3/28/20 – Virtual Clinical Practice: A Cohesive Plan
- 3/27/20 – Virtual Simulation Integration in a Nursing Curriculum
- 3/25/20 – Disaster Preparedness Education for Nursing Students
- 3/25/20 – In-simulation Debriefing
- 3/24/20 – Moving from Classroom to Online: Creating an Online Clinical Practicum
- 7/1/20 – Next steps: Reopening simulation centers
Panelists, Pamela Jeffries, Bette Mariani, Carol Durham, Amy Daniels, Sabrina Beroz, Crystel Farina
- 4/20/20 – Preparing your students for the NCLEX in a remote environment
Presenters, Diane Billings, Vicki Moran, Cindy Short, Shelly Luhning
- 4/14/20 – How to teach clinical judgment
Presenter: Linda Caputi
- 4/10/20 – Simulations and other strategies to replace clinical hours for student progression and graduation
Panelists: Pamela Jeffries, GWU / Kyle Johnson, Texas Tech Univ / Bette Mariani, Villanova Univ / Kellie Bryant, Columbia Univ / Cynthia Bradley, Univ of Minnesota
- 4/9/2020 – Shifting to a remote teaching environment
Presenter: Michelle Aebersold, University of Michigan
- National League for Nursing Town Hall: Strategies for online teaching and learning
Recorded on March 18, NLN experts discussed the recent move to online courses as well as clinical cancellations due to the national health care challenges related to covid-19.
- Enhancing student engagement in a digital world
- Using technology to enhance student learning: Getting the bang for your buck
- Tips and tricks for online teaching
- Building a habitude: Engaging students in an online learning environment
- Sim beyond the SimLab
- 4/3/20 – covid-19 Crisis: Faculty support for nursing students
- 4/7/20 – Déjà vu all over again
- 4/13/20 – Lights, camera, action…using digital video to engage students
- 4/15/20 – Making the move to online
- 4/15/20 – Preparing students for temporary changes in the process for taking the national council of state boards of nursing NCLEX-RN licensing exam
- 4/17/20 – What is One Health and is it a good fit for nursing
- 4/24/20 – Post covid-19: Healing students prepare for secondary surge needs
- Transforming an excellent face-to-face program into an exemplary hybrid course
- Future of technology in nursing education, part 1: The what and why of technology use in today’s nursing student
- Reimagining Bloom’s taxonomy—with an eye on technology
- Taking nursing education mobile offers far more pros than cons
- Designing effective e-learning experiences
- Virtual simulation and electronic medical records: Can we work smarter, not harder? Lessons learned
Lippincott Digital Product training is available for customers who want to learn how to successfully use our digital products in an online teaching environment. Our Nursing Education Consultants are experienced, distance-learning, educators who offer their best practices and strategies for effective instruction using CoursePoint products, vSims, DocuCare, PassPoint and Lippincott Clinical Experiences.
Recordings are available; contact your sales representative to receive a copy.
NCSBN has a dedicated covid-19 site with lots of information about licensure, nursing education and other resources.
- Joint Statement between NLN and NCSBN on nursing programs, accreditors, boards of nursing and practice being flexible during these times.
- Policy Brief on a model for education/practice partnerships during these unprecedented times.
- Board of nursing changes in nursing education requirements because of covid-19. This will be updated daily because it is a moving target.