Laws are continually changing to safeguard against criminal activities like money laundering, terrorism, and tax evasion. Legal professionals face the challenge of keeping up with these compliance regulations while remaining in-step with ethical guidelines. Those who unknowingly fail to comply can face hefty fines or lose their license entirely.
Join this on-demand webinar to learn more about ethics in evolving compliance requirements. Attendees will have a better understanding of compliance requirements, new and emerging legislation, and best practices for new client due diligence.
- The current landscape and future laws
- How legal professionals have unknowingly aided in criminal activities via business formation
- How attorney-client privilege is impacted by current and emerging legislation
- Overviews of both the Office of Foreign Asset Controls and the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network
- Penalties for doing business with certain risk groups
- The ABA's Gatekeeper initiative that offers risk-based guidance
- Ethical considerations of potential anti-money laundering requirements
- Due Diligence guidelines to prevent ethical dilemmas