General Product Information
- Annual Reports FAQs
- Apostille & Gold Seal Certification FAQs
- Benefit Corporation (B Corp) FAQs
- Business License FAQs
- Business Name Amendment FAQs
- Business Name Availability FAQs
- C Corporation FAQs
- Certificate of Good Standing FAQs
- Certified Copies of Documents FAQs
- Conversion FAQs
- Corporate Seal & Compliance Kit FAQs
- DBA (Doing Business As) FAQs
- Dissolution or withdrawal FAQs
- Due Diligence Services FAQs
- EIN (Employee Identification Number) FAQs
- Entity Managed Services FAQs
- Federal Motor Carrier Act FAQs
- Foreign Qualification FAQs
- Fundation FAQs
- Global Market Entity Identifier FAQs
- Global Transactional Services FAQs
- Good Standing Reinstatements FAQs
- Hcue Enterprise FAQs
- hCue Professional FAQs
- Independent Director FAQs
- Intellichart Automated System FAQs
- International Registered Agent FAQs
- Limited Liability Company (LLC) FAQs
- Limited Partnership (LP) FAQs
- Mergers and Acquisitions FAQs
- Name Reservation FAQs
- Nevada Legislation FAQs
- Nonprofit Corporation FAQs
- Other Articles of Amendments FAQs
- Ownership Certificate FAQs
- Professional Limited Liability FAQs
- Registered Agent FAQs
- Representation Services FAQs
- S-Corporation FAQs
- Service of Process (SOP) FAQs
- Service of Process Connector FAQs
- Service of Process Workspace FAQs
- Sole Proprietorship FAQs
- UCC Filings FAQs
- UCC Searches and Filings FAQs
- View all "CT Corporation"
I need to contact someone at a company that CT Corporation represents. Can you provide me with their contact information?
CT is not authorized to distribute customer contact information to a third party.
I need to serve process on a company, but they are registered with CT Corporation in multiple states. In which state do I serve these papers?
We can’t advise in which state you need to serve your legal papers. Please check with an attorney to verify which state you need to serve your legal papers. Should you determine that CT Corporation is the registered agent for the company in question, please visit our Service of Process Office Locations page to determine the service of process address.
How can I serve process on a company that CT represents?
If you need to deliver litigation paperwork or official correspondence to a business that has designated CT as its Registered Agent, you can find state-by-state contact information for our 52 nationwide Service of Process handling centers on the Service of Process Office Locations page.
Can I find out if CT Corporation is the registered agent for a specific company?
CT Corporation is appointed as a registered agent on behalf of businesses on a state by state basis. The role of a registered agent is to provide a physical address to receive legal papers and official communications.
To determine the registered agent on file for a particular company, most states or jurisdictions allow you to conduct a business lookup on their Secretary of State website. If CT Corporation is the registered agent for the company in question, please visit our Service of Process Office Locations page to identify the service of process address.
How can I deliver a service of process to a CT customer?
The following delivery methods are available: Hand delivery, certified or regular mail, or parcel (such as FedEx, UPS, or DHL) where authorized by state law.
Email or facsimile is not an acceptable delivery method.
What is the phone number to contact the SOP office?
Unfortunately, our individual office locations do not take incoming calls.
How can I check the status on a subpoena/SOP served?
CT Corporation cannot provide status updates on our client’s handling of service of process. CT’s duty is to receive and to forward service of process, official communications and demands to those companies that have appointed CT as their registered agent on a state by state basis. If CT is unable to forward process, CT returns a letter setting out why CT was unable to forward process. CT cannot provide evidence of receipt of Service of Process.
The verification may be delayed by the hours of operation and/or holiday schedule at the location.
What days and hours can service of process be delivered?
Is Corporation Trust Company the same as CT Corporation?
Yes, in some jurisdictions CT Corporation does business as the “Corporation Trust Company”.