Key criteria when choosing a Registered Agent should include considering an agent’s SOP management process, along with expertise, reliability and scalability. The table below provides an overview of some key criteria to assess, along with the corresponding business benefit.
Key criteria to help identify the right registered agent
This four part series has provided a perspective on the importance of the role of Registered Agents in implementing a process to manage Service of Process, in order to minimize business risk. Key points include:
- Registered Agents play a vital role in effective handling and management of services of process
- Choosing a right Registered Agent is critical to the mitigation of business compliance risk
- It is important to thoroughly assess a Registered Agent’s service of process handling and management capabilities and ability to meet evolving needs
- Key areas to assess, relating to the Registered Agent’s service of process management capabilities are:
- Service of process intake
- Service of process handling and management
- Service of process delivery and acknowledgement
- Service of process storage, search and reporting.
Download the full article for more information on the role of the Registered Agent in managing Service of Process (SOP) and how to choose the right Registered Agent.
Download the full article for more information on the role of the Registered Agent in managing Service of Process (SOP), a critical part in your business risk mitigation strategy.
Learn more about the ways in which CT Corporation can help clients implement a process to manage Service of Process, or contact a representative at (855) 316-8948 (toll-free USA).
Related articles in the series include: