Professional services businesses
Indiana allows professionals, such as accountants, attorneys and physicians, to form a
professional corporation (PC).
After forming a corporation, you must undertake certain steps on an ongoing basis to keep your business in compliance. These steps are also important in preserving the limited liability a corporation provides its owners. This guide outlines the ongoing requirements for Indiana corporations.
Indiana corporations must keep the following with their corporate records at the principal place of business:
- The Articles of Incorporation and any amendments
- Bylaws or restated bylaws and any amendments
- Resolutions adopted by the board of directors with respect to one or more classes of shares and/or fixing their relative rights, preferences and limitations
- Minutes of shareholder meetings for the past three years
- Records of actions taken by the shareholders without a meeting
- Written communications to shareholders for the past three years
- A list of names and business addresses of current directors and officers
- Most recent annual report
Corporate taxes and fees
The following are taxation requirements and ongoing fees for Indiana corporations:
- Annual report.
Indiana requires corporations to file a biennial report. It’s due every two years during the anniversary month of the incorporation. The fee for this report is $30.
For complete details on state taxes for Indiana corporations, visit
Business Owner's Toolkit or the
State of Indiana
- Federal tax identification number (EIN).
is required for corporations that will have employees. Additionally, most banks require an EIN in order to open a business bank account.
- State tax identification number.
Indiana requires a state tax identification number.
Business licenses and/or permits are required for most businesses. The BizFilings
Business License Application Package can help you stay on top of these requirements.
S corporation election
Indiana recognizes the federal S corporation election and does not require a state-level S corporation election.
Additional Indiana information
View the following additional resources BizFilings has for forming and maintaining companies in Indiana: