Frequently asked questions

  • I run my business from my home. Do I need a license?
    Most likely. Even home-based and online-only businesses often need at least one license to operate. For example, you may need a state tax identification number, a sales tax identification number, or a local permit to operate a business from your home.
  • What happens if I don’t have the right business licenses?
    Not having all your required licenses can be a costly risk. You may not be able to open your business or add a new service or product line. You could get hit with expensive penalties, interest, liens, or worse—you might even be forced to shut down.
  • How can I be sure I stay in compliance with all the regulation changes going on?
    It’s our job to know what’s happening in the ever-changing world of compliance. Our team’s years of expertise will be put to work on your behalf to ensure your business stays protected—just as if it were our own.
  • What are the consequences of falling out of compliance?
    This can vary greatly depending on factors such as jurisdiction and the type of compliance violation. The consequences range from fines and penalties, to loss of access to courts, loss of name rights—even business closure.
See Product Details
Business compliance requires global expertise. Expect more.
Trust CT Corporation to navigate compliance anywhere you do business.
Back To Top