Update: The NCSBN will make modifications to both the NCLEX-RN® and NCLEX-PN® parameters as of October 1, 2020:
- The exam has a shortened time limit of five hours.
- The minimum number of true test items is 60.
- The maximum number of true test items is 130.
- 15 pretest items will be reintroduced so minimum length exam is 75 items and max is 145 items with these questions included.
- The difficulty level and passing standard is unchanged.
- The current Run Out of Time (root) scoring rule is no longer applicable. The final ability estimate is computed from the response to all completed items. Those scoring above the passing standard will have a passing exam, otherwise the exam will be scored as a fail.
- For NCLEX-RN®, the voluntary NGN Special Research Section will be reintroduced.
Lippincott® PassPoint can mimic these test parameters to help students practice for this modified exam.
Students have a 93.7% NCLEX-RN pass rate with Lippincott® PassPoint, which allows them to study smarter with personalized adaptive practice, and simulated exams.
- Unlimited practice exams work just like the NCLEX to increase your confidence
- Detailed rationales for the correct and incorrect answers
- Adaptive quizzes boost your understanding and commit the content to NCLEX long-term memory
- Performance reports help you know where you stand and inform your study time
We also offer you the chance to sign up to receive a NCLEX Question of the Day—a free sample NCLEX question delivered straight to your inbox daily.
Be sure to check out this on-demand webinar to learn more about the exam, temporary testing parameters that are in place due to COVID-19, how the NCLEX works, study tips, and strategies intended for nursing students.
With more than 600 questions and two comprehensive 100-question tests, this updated review resource prepares you for the full spectrum of questions you'll encounter on your RN licensing examination… read more
This book is designed to help anyone preparing to take the RN licensing examination. Students and faculty also use the book as a study guide and practice tests for preparing… read more
Barbara Kuhn Timby, Diana Rupert
Lippincott Review for NCLEX-PN, 12th Edition is designed to help pre-licensure nursing students in practical and vocational nursing programs prepare to take the licensing examination. The book content is divided into… read more
Lippincott NCLEX-PN Alternate Format Questions, 4th Edition is designed to help anyone preparing to take the PN licensing examination. Students and faculty also use the book as a study guide and practice tests for… read more
NCLEX-RN Review Made Incredibly Easy!, 6th Edition is designed to help nursing students prepare to take the licensing examination. The book blends critical content review in an easy-to-follow and bulleted format… read more
Leigh W. Moore
NCLEX-PN Q&A Plus! Made Incredibly Easy!, 2nd Edition is designed to help pre-licensure nursing students in practical and vocational nursing programs prepare to take the licensing examination… read more