We hereby announce that the BowTieXP SharePoint add-on will be End Of Life by the end of this year. The main reason for the EOL is that the maintenance on the add-on becomes very hard, because of (ongoing) changes to the way SharePoint works. In addition to that, nowadays, the basic Microsoft SharePoint functionality covers a lot of the functionality that the add-on covered.
In practice this means the following things:
- You won’t be able to buy the Sharepoint add-on from this moment on;
- You can keep using the Sharepoint add-on when you run the latest version of BowTieXP (release 9).
- We will not support the SharePoint add-on, starting from the next major release of BowTieXP (release 10), but is very likely that it will still run smoothly (no guarantees for all future Sharepoint versions).
With a valid Support & Maintenance contract you can still count on our support team, should you have any questions about the Sharepoint add-on, we are happy to help you out.
How to work with SharePoint without the add-on to achieve more or less the same result?
- Use a standard document library from Microsoft SharePoint (in the web browser)
- Download or upload (drag and drop) the .btf files to and from the document library
- Use the SharePoint web-client to mark files as checked-in/checked-out and to change meta-data
- SharePoint keeps a log of historical data, such as previous versions of the .btf’s, if this has been configured in the document library.
SharePoint add-on licenses that have an ongoing Support & Maintenance contract can be traded in for other products at current license value.
Should you have any further questions about this, please contact us at [email protected] or call +31 (0) 70 362 6126.