Naming a business is the first step in creating a recognizable brand, inspiring sales and standing out from the competition. In many ways, a business entity’s name is among its most valuable assets. Join this on-demand webinar to ensure the selection and protection of that name are done properly.
Legal professionals assisting in the naming process play an especially critical role. This on-demand webinar breaks down the various terms, laws, and other key aspects so you can more easily support clients. CT’s expert explains how to ensure the proposed name complies with statutes, rules, and regulations. Come away with an understanding of the proper steps to acquire and maintain rights to a legal name.
- Key terms
- Laws that govern name selection and protection
- Acquiring rights to a name
- Maintaining and enforcing name rights
- Changing a legal name
- Business entity, fictitious and assumed names
- Domain name considerations and the new gTLD program
- Trademark law and name selection and protection
- Enforcing trademark rights
For more information, read the supporting webinar guide: What's in a name? Selecting and protecting a business entity’s name