The National Association for Healthcare Quality (NAHQ) annual conference is headed to Minneapolis, Nov. 5-7, 2018. NAHQ Next is the only healthcare quality conference designed exclusively for nurse professionals working in quality management. Through experienced professionals in healthcare quality, NAHQ Next features actionable education offerings and solutions to the challenges nurses face every day.
NAHQ next 2018 annual conference
If you’re working in quality management, patient safety, utilization review, risk management, or any other area of healthcare quality, NAHQ Next is the conference for you. Find empowering and innovative solutions to the broad range of challenges you face every day in improving the quality of care and reducing costs.
Speakers and sessions
Sessions at NAHQ Next on health data analytics, population health and care transitions, quality review and accountability, as well as other leading topics are designed to give quality professionals the knowledge and competencies to succeed in the new healthcare economy and to deliver the biggest impact on organizations struggling with rising expectations for quality, safety and cost savings. Earn up to 22 CPHQ and nursing contact hours through session participation and poster viewing.
NAHQ Next keynote speakers will offer leading points-of-view on the challenges of the value-based healthcare economy and the advancing role of the quality professional.
- Carla Harris, Vice Chair and Managing Director, Morgan Stanley, identifies and clarifies issues that are often murky, offering lessons on: identifying and making the most of your work profile (Are You a Good Soldier, a Leader, or an Arguer?); honing three essential skills industry leaders possess; tuning into unspoken cues; and thriving through change. These are the tools Harris has used to launch and sustain her own successful career and help others move forward, recover from setbacks, and position themselves for success.
- In a general session, two industry leaders will address “Increasing Value of the Healthcare Quality Profession. Making the Most of Change to Deliver on the Promise of Healthcare Quality,” which hits the topic of workforce impact on value-based performance head on. It will be led by David Nash, MD MBA, founding dean, Jefferson College of Population Health of Thomas Jefferson University and Stephanie Mercado, CAE, CEO and executive director of NAHQ.
- In the closing general session, author Jan McInnis will present “Finding the Funny in Change."From reform to technology to new industry rules and regulations, you are constantly reacting to a new playing field and may find yourself routinely having to reassess and re-evaluate practices. All of this change can cause fear, tension, and miscommunication. Combining comedy with practical tips on dealing with change, McInnis will show you how to diffuse tension instantly, kick off tough conversations, and facilitate communications...all by using humor.
Share insights and build connections with healthcare quality professionals just like you, working in all areas of quality from a variety of environments and levels of experience.
Attendees can also take advantage of the Professional Development Zone, where nurses can focus on their career needs and goals. Three dedicated areas include:
- HeadShotLOUNGE™: Get a complimentary professional headshot that you can download within 24 hours of your sitting.
- Career Center: Sign up for a one-on-one coaching session to discuss a career goal or challenge and receive feedback and guidance from the coach.
- Networking Lounge: Meet with your peers and learn more about how the HQ Essentials competency areas apply to your position or workplace.
If you work in healthcare quality, this is the only event designed exclusively for you. Whether you're new to healthcare or a seasoned pro, attending NAHQ Next will help you remain current on quality topics. It'll also give you a strategic advantage as your career evolves in the ever-changing healthcare environment. Nurses attending the conference will return with knowledge that will benefit the entire team, organization, and most importantly, patients. For more information, visit NAHQ Next's Registration Page.
If you’re headed to the conference, be sure to visit Lippincott® Solutions in booth #601 and learn how our leading suite of evidence-based clinical decision support and competency validation software can standardize care and improve outcomes at your organization.
Lippincott® Advisor, the leading resource for bedside clinical decision support, now includes the new ‘Quality and Safety Navigator’ content set.
This unique new addition features topic overviews and improvement planning strategies for 50 targeted quality measures including:
- C. Difficile
- Hospital Acquired Pneumonia
- Patient Satisfaction
- Pressure Injury
- Surgical Site Infection
Don’t miss our Vendor Presentation “When You Have To Be Right! Using Evidence to Drive Care Quality” on Monday 11/5 from 12:25pm – 12:55pm at the HQ Showcase area of the exhibit hall.
Watch a live demonstration of the Lippincott Solutions software suite and learn how each of our products supports quality improvements. All attendees of the presentation will be entered to win an Apple Watch. Hope to see you there!