Basecone takes the security and availability of your data very serious and we respect your privacy. This is on top of our mind, day in and day out. There are many procedures and measurements that we have put in place to ensure your data is secure, handled with care and is available for our users.
On this page we tell you more about various topics related to security, availability and privacy. We recommend you to read our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement, to get a better understanding and background of our Application(s).
- All our services and all of your data – in production – reside in Amazon Web Services (AWS) facilities in Frankfurt Germany, where we use various ‘zones’ (availability zones) to ensure we are available for you when one of the zones fails.
- All Services of Basecone run in the Cloud. Basecone uses Elastic Load Balancing of AWS to adjust to traffic demands, this means that depending on the demand of https://secure.basecone.com/ the entry point adjust sizes to fit our customer’s demand. This gives us out of the box security settings like DDoS protection, SSL Security Protocols, Cyphers and Options.
- All of our servers are within our own virtual private cloud (VPC) with network access control lists (ACL’s) that prevent unauthorized requests getting to our internal network.
Automation of build and release
- We release on a bi-weekly frequency. This means that we release new and improved features on a Thursday night, as much as possible outside business hours. We do this every two weeks and will announce this at least two days prior to the release.
Our levels of service
- Please refer to our SLA where we have documented what you can expect of Basecone at certain moments. We guarantee an uptime of 99,6% or higher. Our availability reports are available on our website.
- In case of incidents, we report this on our status page.
- All customer data is stored in Frankfurt, Germany.
- Customer data is stored in our database and fileservers, we do not have individual data stores for each customer. However strict privacy controls exist in our application code to ensure data privacy and prevent one customer from accessing another customers data. We have many unit and integration tests in place to ensure these privacy controls work as expected. These tests are run every time our codebase is updated and even one single test failing will prevent new code being shipped to production.
- We use PRTG and New Relic for application, server and service monitoring. Also monitor our 3rd party endpoints to ensure if a problem is raised in their side, we detect it and advise our customers.
- All user activity is logged and these logs are stored in a separate system and clean on a daily basis. We keep the client logs for 48h, we keep application events (the result of client actions) for 3 weeks.
- We use a Bastion host to log into each server. The IP and login details are stored in VPN server.
- Basecone is part of the Wolters Kluwer company which ensures our application to be internally audited – on a yearly basis – by an independent Security Audit Department. This means they audit our source code, access our control framework, but are also actively engaged during the development process to ensure security at all levels of the application.
- Auditing allows us to do ad-hoc security analysis, track changes made to our setup and audit access to every layer of our stack.