With deep domain expertise in banking, finance and securities, Wolters Kluwer is uniquely positioned to offer this authoritative resource on one of the industry’s most quickly moving and evolving regulatory practice areas. This content will be added to Wolters Kluwer’s signature research platform, Cheetah™, as part of a new blockchain dashboard that features additional material to include white papers, law firm memos, news and regulatory primary source content.
The publication offers valuable, practical insight on cryptocurrency for a wide range of professionals – including investors, regulators, startups seeking capital, and other practitioners. The authors include Amy Leisinger, J.D., Mark Nelson, J.D., John M. Pachkowski, J.D., Brad Rosen, J.D., Richard A. Roth, J.D., and Anne Sherry, J.D.
“As interest and use cases for blockchain technology continue to grow, legal practitioners often find themselves faced with multiple regulators and legal hurdles – many of which are still in flux as the technology evolves,” said John M. Pachkowski, legal analyst at Wolters Kluwer and one of the publication’s co-authors. “We wrote this to meet the needs of our customers as they navigate the complexities of regulation around this dynamic and highly challenging practice area.”
“Blockchain, Virtual Currencies and ICOs: Navigating the Legal Landscape” provides insight on a variety of related topics for lawyers including:
- Blockchain technology: The underlying technology and its uses, virtual currencies, smart contracts, impact on the legal profession, and more;
- Guidance on the emerging regulatory landscape surrounding blockchain, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies
- Securities regulations around initial coin offerings, SEC enforcement, listing of commodity trust shares on securities exchanges, ETFs, digital securities, FINRA, and petitions for SEC rulemaking;
- The CFTC’s approach to cryptocurrency
- FinCEN: Anti-money laundering (AML) and know your customer (KYC) regulations
- State licensing, corporate governance, and enforcement
To purchase, visit: Blockchain, Virtual Currencies and ICOs: Navigating the Legal Landscape