The Leading Edge Webinar Series is the newest extension of Wolters Kluwer’s Annual Leading Edge Conference — an invitation-only gathering of the country’s top legal education thought leaders to discuss key issues facing legal education and to brainstorm actionable strategies. Launched as an experiment in attendee-driven “unconferences,” Leading Edge has become a highly regarded gathering for the legal education community, with more than half of all law schools in the United States having participated.
The series kicks off on Wednesday, January 16 with “Improving Student Outcomes and Bridging the Access to Justice Gap: A Discussion with the Winners of the Leading Edge Prize for Educational Innovation.” In 2018, Wolters Kluwer launched the first Leading Edge Prize for Educational Innovation with the purpose of awarding teams that demonstrated a vision for improving outcomes and educational opportunities for law school students and new associates. In this webinar, participants will hear from the winning team members about their projects and their plans to implement them. To register, click the link below:
Improving Student Outcomes and Bridging the Access to Justice Gap: A Discussion with the Winners of the Leading Edge Prize for Educational Innovation
Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 1 PM EST
- Vikram Savkar, Vice President & General Manager, International and Higher Education Markets, Wolters Kluwer Legal & Regulatory U.S. (Moderator)
- Hosea H. Harvey, Professor of Law at Temple University's Beasley School of Law
- Gregory Parks, Associate Dean of Research, Public Engagement, & Faculty Development and Professor of Law at Wake Forest University School of Law
- Chad Trainer, Co-Founder and CEO of Proboknow and Lowboknow
- Scott Barnes, Co-Founder and COO of Proboknow and Lowboknow
A second webinar titled “Online Law School Courses: What Works?” will take place on February 27. The webinar will cover the difference between the processes of developing online and traditional courses, including the focus on course outcomes, how to take advantage of the available technology, dispelling some of the misconceptions about online courses, techniques to make online courses interactive and dynamic, and best practices as well as pitfalls to avoid. To register, click the link below:
Online Law School Courses: What Works?
Wednesday, February 27, 1 PM EST
- Vikram Savkar, Vice President & General Manager, International and Higher Education Markets, Wolters Kluwer Legal & Regulatory U.S.
- Martin Pritikin, Dean of Concord Law School at Purdue University Global