Wolters Kluwer, Health announced today that the American Journal of Nursing (AJN) received five awards and one Finalist Certificate in the 2020 Clarion Awards from the Association for Women in Communications. AJN, published in the Lippincott portfolio by Wolters Kluwer, was recognized for its feature articles, columns, special sections, and Best Overall External Magazine.
“We are always proud of the stellar content that the American Journal of Nursing publishes with every issue and are incredibly humbled by the recognition from the Clarion Awards and The Association for Women in Communications,” said Jayne Marks, VP, Global Publishing, Wolters Kluwer, Health Learning, Research & Practice. “It is a testament to the effort of AJN’s publishing and editorial teams to provide thought-provoking, educational and transformational research and insights for the nursing industry.”
The Clarion Awards recognize excellence in clear, concise communications in more than 100 categories across all communications disciplines, including advertising and marketing, custom and special publications, magazines, newsletters, online media, and more. There were more than 70 Clarion Awards and Finalist Certificates awarded in 2020.
American Journal of Nursing’s Clarion Awards include:
- Magazine Best Feature Article, External Publication – Miscellaneous: “Addressing Implicit Bias in Nursing, A Review,” July 2019
- Magazine Regular Editorial/Opinion Column: AJN Editorials – “The Unwavering Courage of Nurses,” May 2019; “From Patient Zero to Public Health Emergency,” June 2019; and “Women Rising,” September 2019
- Magazine Regular Information/Non-Opinion Column: Reflections – “A Lie by Omission,” January 2019; “Little Sparrow,” February 2019; “The Last One,” October 2019
- Magazine Series or Special Section, External Publication: Supporting Family Caregiver, No Longer Home Alone – “Eating for Healthy Aging,” November 2019; “Dietary and Feeding Modifications for Older Adults,” December 2019
- Best Overall External Magazine: AJN May 2019 and AJN June 2019
AJN also received a Finalist Certificate for “HIV Update: An Epidemic Transformed” in the category Magazine Feature Article, External Publication – Miscellaneous.