Minimize Your Email Fatigue with Built-in Workflow-Based Communication Tools
If your firm is like most and uses email as the primary mode of both internal and external business communication, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by an overflowing inbox. That’s especially true in the past few years now that the average office worker receives more than 120 emails per day. Whether the information gets lost in the clutter, accidentally deleted, or relegated to a spam folder, or if staff members simply experience email fatigue, it’s not the best way to ensure that all relevant communications are received.
When your project tracking and in-office status updates are email-based, essential information can get drowned in the digital noise causing costly delays, errors, and potential dips in customer satisfaction. Plus, disparate systems make it difficult to establish a foolproof protocol that protects clients’ sensitive data and ensures projects adhere to your firm’s processes.
Some of the problems email-based communication create include:
- Project delays when notifications are lost in overloaded email inboxes
- Barriers to information when project notes sent via email can’t be accessed by everyone who needs them
- Gaps in knowledge when a staff member leaves the firm and important information can’t be found
Choose Workflow Accounting Software That Delivers Information in Context
To increase the likelihood that essential information will be found and referred to in the future, it should be integrated into the software your staff is already using.
Rather than relaying pertinent information via email, modern firms that want to optimize their workflow are giving staff the ability to access information within the context of their day-to-day work with dashboards and notifications that are a part of the accounting workflow software they’re already using. No more lost emails. No more missing notifications. No more knowledge “holes” when a person leaves the firm. Other benefits of integrated information sharing include:
- Centrally stored project notes and client information are available to anyone working on a specific client, so every step is streamlined and no critical information is lost.
- Dashboards provide visibility into project status and make it easy to understand what needs to be done next as soon as staff log in to the system.
- New staff can be assigned to in‑progress engagements without the hassle of searching through old emails for information.
Workflow Automation Makes Success More Achievable
Changing up the way your firm communicates will make your workflow more efficient and reliable. But it’s just one way that investing in integrated technology can help your firm work smarter not harder.
Accounting workflow software from Wolters Kluwer’s can boost your firm’s productivity and profitability—and help you better serve your clients’ tax and accounting needs.
To learn more about how workflow solutions from Wolters Kluwer can help your firm rethink its routing sheets, minimize email fatigue, create consistent processes, use dashboards to drive decisions, and promote accountability through visibility, learn more about our accounting workflow solutions.