Employee leave compliance is one of the most important and most challenging areas of employment and human resources law. There are many different types of employee leave each with its unique requirements and considerations, and varying federal, state, and local laws apply. What’s more, penalties for not properly handling employee leave matters can be severe.
To provide timely, accurate counsel and avoid traps for the unwary in this complex practice area, the Employee Leave Library provides you with the practical guidance and helpful tools to:
- Navigate a patchwork of federal laws apply, including the FMLA, ADA, and Families First and CARES Acts.
- Comply with varying federal, state, and municipality laws.
- Adhere to guidance issued by multiple governing agencies, including EEOC, DOL, and state labor departments.
- Stay current on nearly daily updates and new developments.
The Employee Leave Library addresses the complex issues that arise as leave is being administered day by day, including:
- Which situations are covered.
- How much leave is an eligible employee entitled to.
- What notice and documentation are required.
- How the FMLA and ADA requirements interact.
- Whether an employee can be terminated while on leave.
- What the roles and responsibilities of front-line managers and supervisors are.
- And much, much more.