Updated competencies are at the heart of the publication's 20 standards statements, which frame the evaluation of practice outcomes and goals of all school nurses and delineate what is expected of their practice, by their healthcare peers and others in educational settings. Its scope of practice—the what, how, where, when, who, and why of their practice—is the context for applying these standards.
- What school nursing is: The definition and description of school nursing practice, and its five tenets, which characterize its conduct and thread through the scope and standards of that practice.
- How school nurses practice professionally: The ways, means, methods, processes, and manner by which the school nurse practices to create and sustained health-oriented system of care, including interprofessional collaboration.
- Where school nursing occurs: Settings including school-based health centers and wellness centers, and locations away from or outside of school or the school day, all which need to be healthy work and learning environments.
- When school nursing occurs: Whenever research and evidence-based nursing is needed to advance the well-being, academic success, and lifelong achievement of each student; encompasses special-needs and environmental health issues.
- Who school nurses are: RNs, graduate-level-prepared RNs, and APRNs who have been educated, titled, and maintain active licensure to practice; some statistical context and details on professional competence and its evaluation fill out this portrait.
- Why school nursing: School nurses advocate for a diverse array of students, families, and school communities while supporting student health, safety, and learning; they are guided by nursing's ethical code a code of ethics specific to school nursing, and a culturally congruent and holistic approach to the nursing process.
School Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice, 3rd Edition covers the full extent of nurse practice at all levels and in all settings and roles. It is a must-have for the practicing or aspiring school nurse and a useful resource for allied interprofessional practitioners and stakeholders.
- American Nurses Association, Inc
- Product Type:
- ANA; NASN
- Management & Administration
- Nursing Education
- 3rd Ed.
- Publication Year:
- Alzheimer's Care Today
- Biomedical Safety & Standards
- Clinical Scenarios in Surgery: Decision Making and Operative Technique
- Color Atlas & Synopsis of Clinical Ophthalmology: Glaucoma
- Color Atlas & Synopsis of Clinical Ophthalmology: Retina
- Evidence-Based Endocrinology
- Foot & Ankle Sports Medicine
- Health Care Manager, The
- Journal of Clinical Engineering
- Journal of Hospital Medicine
- Journal of Public Health Management and Practice
- Kaplan & Sadock. Manual de bolsillo de psiquiatría clínica
- Neurology Clinical Practice
- Neuro-Ophthalmology - Color Atlas & Synopsis of Clinical Ophthalmology
- Orthopaedic Nursing
- Quality Management in Healthcare
- Rehabilitation Nursing
- Synthesizing Economic Evidence
- Synthesizing Evidence from Narrative, Text and Opinion
- Synthesizing Evidence of Diagnostic Accuracy
- Synthesizing Evidence of Risk
- Synthesizing Qualitative Evidence
- Synthesizing Quantitative Evidence
- Topics in Clinical Nutrition
- Translation Science and the JBI Model of Evidence-Based Healthcare
- Vias de Abordaje en Cirugia Ortopedica: Un Enfoque Anatomico
- Visual Diagnosis and Care of the Patient with Special Needs
- Washington Manual of Critical Care, The