Mary Jo Boyer, RN, PhD
Quickly access everything you need to calculate dosages effectively and ensure accurate drug delivery
Current, compact and easy to use, Math for Nurses: A Pocket Guide to Dosage Calculation and Drug Preparation helps you perfect the basic math skills, measurement systems and drug calculations/preparations essential to successful nursing practice. Packed with real clinical examples and practice problems, this pocket-sized reference guides you step-by-step through the problem-solving and practical applications required in the nursing workplace.
- A handy pull-out quick reference card delivers fast access to basic equivalents, conversion factors and math formulas.
- Comprehensive dosage calculation coverage familiarizes you with ratio, proportion, formula and dimensional analysis methods of arriving at calculations.
- Practice problems throughout the text and review questions at the end of each chapter and unit test your retention and application capabilities.
- 300 additional Practice Problems and Answers available online through thePoint further enhance learning and retention.
- Learning Objectives focus your study and review on essential concepts and practices.
- Critical Thinking Checks help you analyze your results to dosage problems and ensure understanding of key content.