Within this section of the Business Tools, we reproduce a number of documents useful in protecting your assets. The following Disaster Recovery Sample Emails are designed for business owners to relay information about natural and IT disaster to customers. The letters provide standard language that can be edited to meet your business's needs.
Because every disaster is different—particularly ones involving the loss or compromise of customers' data—we strongly advise you review your disaster recovery marketing communications plan carefully and include all pertinent information in these emails. Do not use any form without first having an attorney review the form to determine that it is suitable for the purpose for which you intend it.
These Sample Disaster Recover Emails to Customers include sections on the following:
- the date and time the disaster occurred
- the impact the disaster has on your business and your customers' services or products
- the plan your business is taking to recover from the disaster
- emergency contact methods for customers
- the date and time the disaster was resolved