If you’re a general contractor, you know that the business license landscape is complex and confusing. Regulations vary by state, jurisdictions within the same state, and across specific trades.
General contractor business license compliance requirements smart chart
Failure to comply has major consequences, including hefty fines and stop-work orders.
View this chart to understand the general contractor licensing and registration information where you operate.
- Licensing requirements at the state and/or local levels
- Licensing authority contact information
- General registration requirements
- Trade exam waivers and state reciprocity
- Enforcement of payment rights and mechanic liens
- What’s at stake if you don’t comply
- And more.
Webinar: Contractor licensing compliance deconstructed, to learn the ins and outs of contractor licensing compliance. Our business license consultant breaks down scenarios in which you’ll need a contractor license, explain how to obtain one, and provide tips to stay in compliance moving forward.
Article: Business license pitfalls for construction companies