This whitepaper discusses how COVID-19 has affected how healthcare professionals (HCPs) access content and offers solutions for content strategists to maximize engagement.
HCPs utilize a wide range of content sources to aid them in their jobs and professional growth. What’s changed amidst the COVID-19 pandemic are the contexts, media, devices, and frequency with which they access those resources. While HCPs continue to value clinical journal content, publications are becoming multimedia assets based on digital usage preferences. To best reach HCPs during peak clinical content search activity online, marketers must present unique and consistent opportunities to HCPs each time they access resources online.
In this white paper, you'll learn:
- Insights into HCPs' increasing use of smartphones, search engines, and free medical websites
- Factors that impact HCPs' content consumption habits
- How COVID-19 is affecting HCPs' job search and career advancement activities
- Ways to build a winning content strategy across all content access points
- Thought leaders’ perspectives on diversifying marketing strategies to quickly reach HCPs
The COVID-19 pandemic has forever altered the way in which HCPs access new information. Taking a fresh look at how you position your brand to reach HCPs within this evolving marketing landscape is crucial to your future success.