Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) has emerged at the forefront of investment decisions and societal expectations. With a greater focus on sustainability and long-term stewardship, Internal Audit leaders recognize a need to stay ahead of and shine a light on ESG-related risks. Internal Auditors need to understand and have clear direction on how to identify, assess, report, and mitigate ESG-related risks.
- Understand the 3 elements of ESG and why they are increasingly important
- Understand why ESG should be part of Internal Audit’s plan
- Consider what skills and tools Internal Auditors need
- Kevin Gould – Audit Committee Chair and Internal Audit consultant
- Liz Sandwith – Chief Professional Practice Advisor at the Chartered Institute for Internal Auditors, UK, and Ireland