CT’s Expert Insights Webinars for Law Firms will cover the merger process from inception to post-merger compliance.
In both strong and weak economic times, businesses will continue to position themselves for the future. Join us for a three-part series. While each session is standalone, we encourage you to register for each one. If you are unable to attend, you will receive a link to the recording.
Part III — Compliance Requirements Following a Merger
Learn how to effect a successful merger in the eyes of the state governing authorities. In the third part of our series, you’ll learn about the essential post-merger filings. “Clean up” filings ensure that the public records of the state, or states, of formation and qualification accurately reflect the merger. There are also compliance considerations if the surviving or acquiring entity plans further changes such as changing names or entity types, or expanding product lines and markets.
- The type and timing of filings to update state records
- Effecting future changes to be made by surviving entities, acquirors or targets
- Statutory compliance requirements for:
- Expanding into new states or countries
- Updating product lines
- Changing company names
- Moving headquarters locations
- Changing registered agents
- Changing entity type