A good understanding of medical statistics is essential to evaluate medical research and to choose appropriate ways of implementing findings in clinical practice.
The Oxford Handbook of Medical Statistics has been written to provide doctors and medical students with a comprehensive yet concise account of this often difficult subject.
Described by readers as a 'statistical Bible', this new edition maintains the accessibility and thoroughness of the original, and includes comprehensive updates including new sections on transitional medicine, cluster designs, and modern statistical packages. The Handbook promotes understanding and interpretation of statistical methods across a wide range of topics, from study design and sample size considerations, through t- and chi-squared tests, to complex multifactorial analyses, all using examples from published research. References and further reading are included, to allow deeper understanding on specific topics.
Featuring a new chapter on how to use this book in different medical contexts, the Oxford Handbook of Medical Statistics helps readers to conduct their own research and critically appraise others' work.
- Oxford University Press
- Product Type:
- Peacock, Janet L.; Peacock, Phil J.
- General Medicine
- 2nd Ed.
- Publication Year:
- A&A Practice
- Alzheimer's Care Today
- AMED Allied and Complementary Medicine
- American Journal of Gastroenterology
- ASA Refresher Courses in Anesthesiology
- Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Foundations of Clinical Nurse Specialist Practice
- JBJS Case Connector
- JBJS Essential Surgical Techniques
- JBJS Journal of Orthopaedics for Physician Assistants
- JBJS Reviews
- JCRS: Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Journal of Acute Care Physical Therapy
- Journal of Pediatric Surgical Nursing
- Let's Talk Vaccines: A Clinician's Guide to Addressing Vaccine Hesitancy and Saving Lives
- LWW Health Library: Premium Basic Sciences Collection
- Medical Marijuana: A Clinical Handbook
- Mental Measurements Yearbook
- Mulholland and Greenfield's Surgery: Scientific Principles & Practice
- Neurology Clinical Practice
- Neurology Neuroimmunology & Neuroinflammation - Open Access
- Prosthetics and Orthotics International (POI)
- Real Living with Multiple Sclerosis
- Survey of Anesthesiology
- Techniques in Knee Surgery
- Techniques in Ophthalmology
- Translational Journal of the American College of Sports Medicine
- Urology Practice
- Yao & Artusio's Anesthesiology: Problem-Oriented Patient Management