A good understanding of medical statistics is essential to evaluate medical research and to choose appropriate ways of implementing findings in clinical practice.
The Oxford Handbook of Medical Statistics has been written to provide doctors and medical students with a comprehensive yet concise account of this often difficult subject.
Described by readers as a 'statistical Bible', this new edition maintains the accessibility and thoroughness of the original, and includes comprehensive updates including new sections on transitional medicine, cluster designs, and modern statistical packages. The Handbook promotes understanding and interpretation of statistical methods across a wide range of topics, from study design and sample size considerations, through t- and chi-squared tests, to complex multifactorial analyses, all using examples from published research. References and further reading are included, to allow deeper understanding on specific topics.
Featuring a new chapter on how to use this book in different medical contexts, the Oxford Handbook of Medical Statistics helps readers to conduct their own research and critically appraise others' work.
- Oxford University Press
- Product Type:
- Peacock, Janet L.; Peacock, Phil J.
- General Medicine
- 2nd Ed.
- Publication Year:
- Alzheimer's Care Today
- AMED Allied and Complementary Medicine
- American Journal of Critical Care
- ASA Refresher Courses in Anesthesiology
- AWHONN's Perinatal Nursing
- Bethesda Handbook of Clinical Hematology, The
- Clinical Anesthesia
- Clinical Scenarios in Surgery: Decision Making and Operative Technique
- Critical Care Nurse
- Evidence-Based Endocrinology
- Fields Virology: Emerging Viruses
- Foot & Ankle Sports Medicine
- Foundations of Clinical Nurse Specialist Practice
- Infection Control & Hospital Epidemiology
- JBJS Case Connector
- JBJS Essential Surgical Techniques
- LGBTQ Cultures: What Health Care Professionals Need to Know About Sexual and Gender Diversity
- Lippincott Manual of Nursing Practice
- Lippincott Nursing Procedures
- McGlamry's Comprehensive Textbook of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Mental Measurements Yearbook
- Mulholland and Greenfield's Surgery: Scientific Principles & Practice
- Neurology Clinical Practice
- Principles and Practice of Palliative Care and Supportive Oncology
- Real Living with Multiple Sclerosis
- Survey of Anesthesiology
- Techniques in Knee Surgery
- Techniques in Ophthalmology
- Visual Diagnosis and Care of the Patient with Special Needs
- Washington Manual of Critical Care, The