What is the legal notice publication requirement?
The obligation to publish a legal announcement upon formation is mandated by state or county level law. At Vcorp, our dedicated team of experts will prepare the Legal notice, contact the newspapers and ensure that they meet the unique requirements of each state or county.
Which States require publication?
For LLC formations: Arizona, Nebraska and New York require publication.
For Incorporations (Corporations): Arizona, Georgia and Pennsylvania require publication.
How much does it cost?
Publication rates vary by state and county. Use the price calculator above to determine the publication fee associated to your LLC’s state and county.
What happens if I don’t publish?
Depending on the specific state, the penalties for not complying with the publication requirement varies. Please consult your legal counsel for details.
Why should I use Vcorp to publish?
Vcorp holds strong relationships with many of the approved newspapers and journals, therefore offering our clients the best competitive rates. Our experienced team has the domain expertise and will select the appropriate publication based on the location of the business.
How long does it take?
It varies by state and county.
- In New York, the legal notice runs in the newspapers for 6 weeks and it takes about 3 months for the entire process, including filing with the Secretary of State.
- In Georgia, publication runs for two weeks and is then submitted to the Secretary of State. The completed turnaround time is roughly three weeks.
- In Pennsylvania, the notice is ran in both a legal paper and a general circulation paper. The completed turnaround time is roughly two weeks.
- In Arizona, the notice runs in the newspaper for three weeks. The completed turnaround time is roughly four weeks.
- In Nebraska, the notice runs in the newspaper for four weeks. The completed turnaround time is roughly five weeks.
When do I have to publish?
- New York: The publication is required to occur within 120 days of the LLC formation.
- Arizona: The publication is required to occur within 60 days of the LLC formation.
- Nebraska: The publication is required after approval (formation) of the LLC.
- Georgia: The publication is required alongside the formation.
- Pennsylvania: The publication is required to be completed immediately after incorporation of the company.