This book presents an authoritative update of forest tree biotechnology and genomics methodologies, procedures and accomplishments, from basic biological science to applications in forestry and related sciences. It gives expert evaluation of achievements and discussion about the impact that novel forest biotechnological and genomics approaches are having on traditional breeding for improvement of forest tree species and production of forest-based products. It also describes the legal and regulatory aspects of forest biotechnology, with an emphasis on biosafety. It is a reference for forest biologists, including basic and applied scientists involved in forest tree breeding and biotechnology, bioenergy research, and biomaterial product development.
- Key features
- Advances in tree genomic selection.
- Next-generation sequencing technologies.
- Domesticating forest-tree species via genetic engineering.
- Regulatory affairs related to forest biotechnology.
- Protecting intellectual property.
This title is suitable for graduate-level students working in plant biology and forest genetics, silviculture and agroforestry, and bioenergy science and technology. It is also relevant to scientists and foresters researching genetics, genomics and biotechnology, molecular biology and physiology of forest trees, and their application to production forestry, and conservation, as well as for sustainable forestry for bioenergy and bio-based products.
- CAB International
- Product Type:
- Meilan, R.; Kirst, M. K
- Plant Breeding and Genetic Resources
- Earth & Geological Sciences
- Genetics & Genomics
- Publication Year:
- CAB Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts Plus: Distribution Maps of Plant Diseases
- CAB Abstracts Plus: Distribution Maps of Plant Pests
- CAB All eBook Titles Collection (2017-Present)
- Climate Change and Non-infectious Fish Disorders
- Courtship and Mating in Butterflies
- FIAF Databases (Including International Index to Film Periodicals)
- Field Trials in Oil Palm: A Manual
- Nutrition of the Rabbit
- Ovid MEDLINE®
- Quantitative Genetics, Genomics and Plant Breeding
- Transcriptomics in Entomological Research
- TROPAG & RURAL