Open access publishing options with Wolters Kluwer
We offer a variety of open access options to best serve the needs of authors and their funders:
- Hybrid open access: Most LWW subscription journals allow authors to comply with their funder mandates by offering open access options.
- Green open access: In compliance with certain funder mandates, we allow the self-archiving of the final peer-reviewed manuscript in an online repository or website after publishing in a subscription-based journal subject to a 6–12-month embargo.
- Gold open access: We have a portfolio of journals that are fully open access and no subscription is required.
- Open access mega journal: We publish Medicine®, an open access mega journal that publishes a large volume of high-quality articles on a continuous basis.
All accepted open access articles will receive the following open access benefits:
- The author will retain the copyright of the article
- The article will be freely available on the journal website for any user, worldwide
- The article will have the OPEN indicator published and the Creative Commons license published on the article to make it visible to readers that the article is open access
- The final version of article will be submitted to PubMed Central as open access on the authors’ behalf
All open access articles are subject to peer review, editorial oversight, and the journals production process. While the submission and review process follow the traditional process, there are additional forms and steps that need to be taken to publish your work as open access.