Publishing your work open access with Wolters Kluwer
We offer a variety of open access options to best serve the needs of authors and their funders:
Hybrid open access
Most LWW subscription journals allow authors to comply with their funder mandates by offering open access options. This is known as hybrid open access.
- Wolters Kluwer’s hybrid open access program started in February 2013 and now includes more than 300 established journals. The hybrid option is only available after acceptance of the article for publication.
- An Article Publishing Charge (APC) is paid by the author (or on their behalf by their institution or [not of] funder). Please see our hybrid journal APC price lists for details.
- Our hybrid journal articles are published under the CC BY-NC-ND license as standard.
- Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs (CC BY-NC-ND): This license allows reusers to copy and distribute the material in any medium or format in unadapted form only, for noncommercial purposes only, and only so long as attribution is given to the creator.
- Certain funding bodies and institutions mandate that the research they fund be published under the CC BY license; this license can be selected for articles funded by the organizations listed in the ‘Recognized funding bodies and institutions’ section on the Institutions and Funders page.
Gold open access
We have a portfolio of Gold open access journals. These journals are fully open access and no subscription is required.
- All articles published in one of our open access journals are freely available to readers.
- There is no subscription fee to read and access content and articles are made available under the terms of a Creative Commons license. Most of our gold journals allow the authors to choose one of several CC licenses including CC BY.
- All articles published in an open access journal are subject to an Article Publishing Fee (APC) which is typically paid by an author, institution, or funding agency prior to publication. Please see our open access journal APC price lists for details.
- All content in a Lippincott® open access journal undergoes peer review before an editorial decision is made.
Benefits of publishing your work open access:
- It allows for the free, immediate, permanent, full-text, online access, for any user, web-wide, to digital scientific and scholarly material, primarily research articles published in peer-reviewed journals.
- Any user may link, read, download, store, print-off, use, and data-mine the digital content of that article — subject to the CC license it was published under.
- An OA article usually has limited copyright and licensing restrictions.
- It provides a way of meeting the growing number of funder mandates that require certain licenses on funded research.
- It allows authors and institutions the choice to make their work openly available for readers.
The Wolters Kluwer publishing program offers a suite of open access solutions that meet the needs of researchers and help them maximize the visibility of global healthcare research. Options include hybrid open access models across more than 300 journal publications, as well as fully open access specialty titles.
We promise all authors, institutions, research funding agencies, and others high-quality publishing services including:
- An innovative publishing platform from either our Lippincott® and Medknow healthcare journals portfolios
- Global distribution of freely available, quality open access research on our journals platform
- Article deposit in PubMed Central®
- Rapid publication
- Posts on websites and intranets
- Rigorous peer review
- High-quality editorial services and support
- Compliance with funding mandates.