International Commercial Arbitration
International Arbitration Lectures
International Arbitration and Forum Selection Agreements
International Arbitration: Law and Practice
The Third Edition of Gary Born’s International Commercial Arbitration is an authoritative 4,250 page treatise, in three volumes, providing the most comprehensive commentary and analysis, on all aspects of the international commercial arbitration process that is available. The Third Edition of International Commercial Arbitration has been comprehensively revised, expanded and updated:
- Includes all legislative, judicial and arbitral authorities, and other materials in the field of international arbitration prior to June 2020.
- It includes expanded treatment of annulment, recognition of awards, counsel ethics, arbitrator independence and impartiality and applicable law.
- The revised 4,250 page text contains references to more than 20,000 cases, awards and other authorities and will enhance the treatise’s position as the world’s leading work on international arbitration.
Click here to see an overview of all chapters included in the Third Edition of International Commercial Arbitration.
IntroductionChapter 1: Overview of International Commercial Arbitration
Part I: International Arbitration AgreementsChapter 2: Legal Framework for International Arbitration Agreements
Chapter 3: International Arbitration Agreements and Separability Presumption
Chapter 4: Choice of Law Governing International Arbitration Agreements
Chapter 5: Formation, Validity and Legality of International Arbitration Agreements
Chapter 6: Nonarbitrability and International Arbitration Agreements
Chapter 7: International Arbitration Agreements and Competence-Competence
Chapter 8: Effects and Enforcement of International Arbitration Agreements
Chapter 9: Interpretation of International Arbitration Agreements
Chapter 10: Parties to International Arbitration Agreements
Part II: International Arbitral ProceduresChapter 11: Legal Framework for International Arbitral Proceedings
Chapter 12: Selection, Challenge and Replacement of Arbitrators in International Arbitration
Chapter 13: Rights and Duties of International Arbitrators
Chapter 14: Selection of Arbitral Seat in International Arbitration
Chapter 15: Procedures in International Arbitration
Chapter 16: Disclosure in International Arbitration
Chapter 17: Provisional Relief in International Arbitration
Chapter 18: Consolidation, Joinder and Intervention in International Arbitration
Chapter 19: Choice of Substantive Law in International Arbitration
Chapter 20: Confidentiality in International Arbitration
Chapter 21: Legal Representation and Professional Conduct in International Arbitration
Part III: International Arbitral AwardsChapter 22: Legal Framework for International Arbitral Awards
Chapter 23: Form and Contents of International Arbitral Awards
Chapter 24: Correction, Interpretation and Supplementation of International Arbitral Awards
Chapter 25: Annulment of International Arbitral Awards
Chapter 26: Recognition and Enforcement of International Arbitral Awards
Chapter 27: Preclusion, Lis Pendens and Stare Decisis in International Arbitration
Born's International Arbitration Lectures
Comprehensive, high-quality lecture series on international arbitration providing detailed, up-to-date treatment of all legal and practical aspects of international arbitration:
- International Commercial Arbitration
- Arbitration Agreements
- International Arbitral Procedures
- International Arbitral Awards
- Investment Arbitration
- State-to-State Arbitration
27 Chapters: Foundation Course and Advanced Topics
Chapters divided into 20-30 minutes lectures
Click here to see an overview of all chapters included in the lectures.
Part Title Level Overview International Arbitration: Law and Practice Basic Part I Introduction to International Arbitration Basic Chapter 1 International Arbitration Agreements - Watch Now Basic Chapter 2 Legal Framework for International Arbitration Agreements Basic Chapter 3 Presumptive Validity of International Arbitration Agreements Basic Chapter 4 Separability of International Arbitration Agreements Basic Chapter 5 Competence-Competence in International Arbitration Basic Chapter 6 Choice of Law Governing International Arbitration Agreements Basic Chapter 7 Formation and Validity of International Arbitration Agreements Basic Chapter 8 Non-Arbitrability Doctrine and International Arbitration Agreements Advanced Chapter 9 Interpretation of International Arbitration Agreements Basic Chapter 10 Non-Signatory Issues in International Arbitration Advanced Part II International Arbitral Procedures Basic Chapter 11 Legal Framework: International Arbitral Proceedings Basic Chapter 12 Selection and Importance of Arbitral Seat Basic Chapter 13 Selection and Removal of Arbitrators Basic Chapter 14 International Arbitration Procedures Basic Chapter 15 Evidence-Taking and Disclosure Advanced Chapter 16 Confidentiality and Transparency Advanced Chapter 17 Provisional Measures Advanced Chapter 18 Multi-Party and Multi-Contract Issues Advanced Chapter 19 Choice of Substantive Law Advanced Chapter 20 Legal Representatives and Professional Responsibility Advanced Part III International Arbitral Awards Basic Chapter 21 Legal Framework: International Arbitral Awards Basic Chapter 22 International Arbitral Awards: Formal Requirements, Time Limits and Relief Advanced Chapter 23 Correction, Interpretation and Supplementation of International Arbitral Awards Advanced Chapter 24 Annulment of International Arbitral Awards Basic Chapter 25 Recognition and Enforcement of International Arbitral Awards Basic Chapter 26 Investor-State Arbitration Basic Chapter 27 State-to-State Arbitration Advanced
Born’s International Arbitration Lectures - FAQ
Are the Born’s International Arbitration Lectures included in a Kluwer Arbitration subscription?
- No, the Lectures are a separate product, hosted on a different platform called VimeoOtt.
What is the coverage of Born’s International Arbitration Lectures?
- The Lectures cover International Commercial Arbitration, Investment Arbitration, State-to-State Arbitration – Basic and Advanced level
How many videos are included in the Lectures and how long are they?
- The Lectures include 238 videos, nearly 100 hours in total.
- There are 27 chapters, each chapter contains multiple episodes/videos, each video is 20-30 minutes.
What is included in the subscription?
- The subscription provides access to all videos (nearly 100 hours; 238 videos of 20-30 min each).
- There are 27 chapters, each chapter contains multiple episodes/videos covering a specific topic, each video is 20-30 min.
- Log-in with email ID and password.
Is it possible to receive a subscription based on IP access for a larger number of participants?
- No, VimeoOtt only provides individual access for one user.
Payment & cancellation policy
- Subscription price for the Lectures is $ 10 (plus applicable VAT) per month, payment is only possible in US Dollars.
- Payment is required after 7 days of free trial.
- Payment can only be done by credit card, a wide range of credit cards is accepted by VimeoOtt.
- The subscription will automatically be renewed after one month.
- Customers can cancel their subscription at any time on the purchases settings page in VimeoOtt. Access to the content will remain until the next billing cycle period. Upon cancellation, subscribers will have access until their next renewal date - at which point the access will be revoked.
Will I get the certificate or credit points after completing the Lectures?
- Not at this moment, but we are investigating options to offer this in the future.
Is there reading material provided with the Lectures?
- A ‘Syllabus’ PDF document that act as guide and overview is sent free of charge to new customers after their trial period has expired and payment has been received. This is sent by email on a monthly basis together with discount for two of the book titles that Gary Born lists as required reading.
- For technical support please contact VimeoOtt by filling in the form: https://bornsinternationalarbitrationlectures.vhx.tv/contact/support, and find answers to the most popular questions: https://bornsinternationalarbitrationlectures.vhx.tv/help
International Arbitration and Forum Selection Agreements, Drafting and Enforcing, Sixth Edition
International Arbitration: Law and Practice (Third Edition)
International Arbitration: Law and Practice (Third Edition) provides comprehensive and authoritative coverage of the basic principles and legal doctrines, and the practice, of international arbitration. The book contains a systematic, but concise, treatment of all aspects of the arbitral process, including international arbitration agreements, international arbitral proceedings and international arbitral awards.
The Third Edition guides both students and practitioners through the arbitral process, beginning with drafting, enforcing and interpreting international arbitration agreements, to selecting arbitrators and conducting arbitral proceedings, to recognizing, enforcing and seeking to annul arbitral awards. The book is written in clear, accessible language, suited for both law students and non-specialist practitioners, as well as more experienced readers.