How it Works
You provide some simple information, and we do the rest. BizFilings will:
- Obtain an official Certificate of Good Standing same day if placed prior to 2pm CST.
- Email the original, state-issued Certificate to you upon receipt.
- Make a copy of the Certificate available in your online account for access 24/7.
Why it’s important
A Certificate of Good Standing is typically required when a company wishes to register to transact business in another state (a process called foreign qualification) and may also be required before a company can enter certain contracts or relationships. The Certificate of Good Standing sets forth:
- Your company’s name
- That your company is incorporated and authorized to do business in that state
- That all fees, taxes and/or any applicable penalties owed the state have been paid
- That the company’s most recent annual report has been filed
- That Articles of Dissolution have not been filed
A Rush Certificate of Good Standing is typically required when you need same day service from the state in order to register your corporation or LLC to transact business in another state. BizFilings can also obtain a Certificate of Good Standing for you as part of our Foreign Qualification Service.Foreign Qualification Service
Keep in Mind
If your company is not in good standing with the state when a Rush Certificate of Good Standing is requested, the state will often return a document stating that your company is in existence but is in “bad standing,” which can have a negative impact on your business.