The American Journal of Nursing (AJN) recognized the best nursing and health care publications of 2015 with an announcement of its annual Book of the Year Awards. Winners in 20 categories appear in the journal’s January issue. AJN, “the leading voice of nursing since 1900,” is published by Wolters Kluwer.
American Journal of Nursing announces 2015 Book of the Year Awards
“Wolters Kluwer is delighted to announce the best in nursing publications selected by a panel of judges that deemed these texts the most valuable in 20 categories,” said Jayne Marks, VP Global Publishing, Wolters Kluwer, Health Learning, Research & Practice. According to Shawn Kennedy, MA, RN, FAAN, AJN’s editor-in-chief, the Book of the Year awards has been an important program for the past 46 years. “ AJN’s Book of the Year awards is our opportunity to acknowledge high-quality publications and share that with the health care community,” she added.
Book of the Year Awards
Since 1969, AJN has announced its annual list of the best in nursing publishing. The AJN Book of the Year program is a prestigious competition that garners the attention of the nursing community and supporting health care publishers. The winners are chosen by a panel of judges who range from college professors to clinicians to nursing executives.
This year’s first-place award winners in the 20 categories are
- Adult Primary Care: Advanced Health Assessment and Clinical Diagnosis in Primary Care by Joyce E. Dains, Linda Ciofu Baumann, and Pamela Scheibel
- Advanced Practice Nursing: Dermatology for Advanced Practice Clinicians by Margaret A. Bobonich and Mary E. Nolen
- Child Health: Pediatric Nursing: Content Review Plus Practice Questions by Margot R. De Sevo
- Community−Public Health: VNAA Clinical Procedure Manual by the VNAA Expert Clinical Review Panel
- Consumer Health: B Is for Balance: 12 Steps Toward a More Balanced Life at Home and at Work by Sharon M. Weinstein
- Critical Care−Emergency Nursing: Merenstein and Gardner’s Handbook of Neonatal Intensive Care by Sandra L. Gardner, Brian S. Carter, Mary Enzman Hines, and Jacinto A. Hernández
- Electronic Media: Transcultural Nursing: RN to BSN OLC by Lippincott Williams and Wilkins
- Environmental Health: Climate Change and Public Health by Barry S. Levy and Jonathan A. Patz
- Gerontologic Nursing: Nursing for Wellness in Older Adults by Carol A. Miller
- History and Public Policy: Philosophies and Practices of Emancipatory Nursing: Social Justice as Praxis by Paula N. Kagan, Marlaine C. Smith, and Peggy L. Chinn
- Information Technology/Social Media: Information Overload: Framework, Tips, and Tools to Manage in Complex Healthcare Environments by Mary C. Sitterding and Marion E. Broome
- Maternal−Child Nursing/Childbirthing: Maternity and Women’s Health Care by Deitra Leonard Lowdermilk, Shannon E. Perry, Kitty Cashion, Kathryn Rhodes Alden, and Ellen F. Olshansky
- Medical−Surgical Nursing: Fundamentals of Nursing, Volume 1: Theory, Concepts, and Applications, and Volume 2: Thinking, Doing, and Caring by Judith M. Wilkinson, Leslie S. Treas, Karen L. Barnett, and Mable H. Smith
- Nursing Education/Continuing Education: Nurse Coaching: Integrative Approaches for Health and Wellbeing by Barbara Montgomery Dossey, Susan Luck, and Bonney Gulino Schaub
- Nursing Management and Leadership: Policy and Politics in Nursing and Health Care by Diana J. Mason, Deborah B. Gardner, Freida Hopkins Outlaw, and Eileen T. O’Grady
- Nursing Research: Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing and Healthcare: A Guide to Best Practice by Bernadette Mazurek Melnyk and Ellen Fineout-Overholt
- Palliative Care and Hospice: Four Seasons of Grieving: A Nurse’s Healing Journey with Nature by A. Lynne Wagner
- Professional Issues: Philosophies and Practices of Emancipatory Nursing: Social Justice as Praxis by Paula N. Kagan, Marlaine C. Smith, and Peggy L. Chinn
- Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing: Psychiatric Nursing: Contemporary Practice by Mary Ann Boyd
- Public Interest and Creative Works: When the Nurse Becomes a Patient: A Story in Words and Images by Cortney Davis
View all winners online at http://links.lww.com/AJN/A69.
Wolters Kluwer (WKL) is a global leader in professional information, software solutions, and services for the health, tax & accounting, governance, risk & compliance, and legal & regulatory sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.