2022 Tax Year-in-Review
What: Several significant pieces of tax legislation managed to get enacted in 2022. In addition, the IRS is gearing up expand taxpayer services, upgrade technology, and improve enforcement thanks to significantly increased IRS funding. The year also saw the regular assortment of developments from IRS guidance and judicial decisions.
Why: Wolters Kluwer has prepared a tax briefing summarizing some of the key tax developments for the year.
- Some of the significant 2022 tax developments include:
- Enactment of the Inflation Reduction Act with significant tax provisions related to clean energy and a significant increase in IRS funding
- Enactment of SECURE 2.0 as part of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2023 making a large number of changes to tax-favored retirement provisions
- The IRS expanding its hiring to improve taxpayer services and clean-up its processing back-log in the short term and upgrade its technology and enforcement activities in the longer term
- The IRS issued frequent guidance related to enacted legislation and other tax developments, with some increased focus on proposed and final regulations as the IRS faces judicial pressures to increase compliance with the notice and comment requirements of the Administrative Procedures Act
- A variety of other legislation and Administration developments impacting taxes
- Developments continued at the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) on a global minimum tax and global taxation based on where customers are located rather than where corporate facilities are located
Who: Tax expert Mark Luscombe, JD, LL.M, CPA, Principal Federal Tax Analyst, for Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting, can help discuss these 2022 tax developments.
PLEASE NOTE: These materials are designed to provide accurate and authoritative information in regard to the subject matter covered. The information is provided with the understanding that Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting is not engaged in rendering tax advice or accounting, legal, tax or other professional service.
Contact: To arrange an interview with Mark Luscombe or other federal and state tax experts from Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting on this or any other tax-related topics, please contact:
KELLY DE CASTRO
About Wolters Kluwer
Wolters Kluwer (EURONEXT: WKL) is a global leader in professional information, software solutions, and services for the healthcare, tax and accounting, financial and corporate compliance, legal and regulatory, and corporate performance and ESG sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Press ReleaseComplianceTax & AccountingESGFinanceMarch 08, 2023Wolters Kluwer to share ESG risk insights at the 2023 IIA General Audit Management (GAM) ConferenceIndustry experts will address internal audit professionals to share insights on ways to navigate the ever-evolving landscape of ESG risks and avoid perfect storm scenarios.Read More
Global NewsComplianceTax & AccountingFinanceDecember 05, 2022Wolters Kluwer software recognized as Product of the Year in the 2022 BIG Awards for BusinessTeamMate+ global expert solutions has been recognized for enabling auditors from all geographies and industries to manage the complex world of audit across the entire workflow.Read More