Time for a content marketing check-up?
Perform a quick checkup to make sure you’re keeping pace with the latest trends and tactics in healthcare content marketing.
Are you keeping pace with content marketing trends? Content marketing has evolved as quickly and dramatically as the healthcare landscape itself. Let’s do a quick pulse check in 5 key areas to ensure you’re ready for the next phase of content marketing maturity.
1. Make for mobile
Most healthcare professionals are on their feet treating patients, so your marketing message needs to be optimized for mobile. You don’t want to get penalized by Google for not having Accelerated Mobile Pages (APM) that load quickly.
- Improve your rank and user engagement by adding structured data and relevant content to your site that Google can crawl.
- Make references to studies in medical journals and link to white papers that can be backlinked.
2. User-generated content is key for gaining trust and creating sales
User-generated content boosts authenticity and 90% of consumers say authenticity is important when deciding which brands they like and support.
- Pharma companies already engage KOLs when developing new drugs to generate advocacy buzz and gain market feedback. Use such services as Reevoo to ask HCPs to leave a review that links to your company page or request testimonials from your most satisfied KOL and use them in your marketing efforts.
- Create a community platform to answer questions that can also serve as a reliable source of information — and the content is crawlable and can send qualified traffic to your site.
3. Repurposing content is essential
Stretch your marketing budget by republishing and reformatting content rather than creating all-new material. You’ll save time and money, and it will help ensure you send a uniform message to consumers across all your channels.
- Audit everything you created over the last year — advertisements placed in medical journals, presentations made at healthcare conferences, white papers, and blog posts — and see what can be repurposed with a few slight tweaks.
4. Well-written, audience-centric content helps to cut through the noise.
Facebook estimates that about 4.75 billion pieces of content are shared daily. Most companies have their own social media feeds populated with tons of content, so HCPs naturally filter out what isn’t relevant to them. Differentiate yourself by creating high-quality, target-focused content that will grab your audience’s attention.ul email campaigns offer personalized content that speaks directly to the recipients.
- Make sure every word you write is relevant, personalized, easy to read, and to the point. Use tools like Hemingway to make sure you are writing clear sentences in active voice and readability analyzers to make sure your reading level is appropriate for your audience.
- Tailor your content as much as possible by researching influencers, keeping abreast of the hot topics in your specialty, and simply asking your target audience what they care about the most, and then delivering it.