With the historic release of the 2021 E/M guidelines, the rules lend to a new era of freedom, allowing the provider to focus on the problem over the volume of documentation. CMS and the AMA agreed to pilot the new criteria on new and established code sets with the intention of the structure becoming the standard for all E/M services. This webinar provides a comparison of what will be required for 2021 and how to lean burdensome documentation from of the outpatient setting. New time criteria will also be covered and the revision of prolonged services with high level services.
At the end of the webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the requirements using the 2021 E/M guidelines
- Navigate the medical decision making table and data counting criteria
- Use prolonged services in the outpatient and inpatient setting
- Evaluate documentation workflow within their EMR to create patient centered notes
- Avoid risky documentation practices
To view the webinar replay, please click the link below and complete the information. You will receive an email with a link to the webinar.