Process Agent Service includes:
- BOC-3 Filing
- Representation in all 50 states with no hidden fees
- Prompt & discreet handling of important legal and tax documents
- Electronic Service of Process delivery
Process Agents for Motor Carriers
A process agent (or registered agent) is responsible for receiving important state mail and legal documents on behalf of corporations. These can include wage garnishments, subpoenas, summons and service of process documents.
Motor carriers, brokers and freight forwarders must have a process agent located in each state in which they are authorized to operate. The process agent must have a physical address (not a post office box) in all states of designation and must be available at that address during normal business hours.
For transportation companies, a process agent must file the BOC-3 form with the FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration).
What is a BOC-3 Filing?
A BOC-3 filing is a federal filing in the United States that assigns a process agent to accept legal documents on behalf of a transportation or logistics company in each state in which the company is authorized to do business. A BOC-3 filing is often required before a transportation or logistics company is granted authority to operate.
Advantages of BizFilings’ Process Agent Services
At BizFilings, we believe that being a process agent goes beyond fulfilling the statutory requirement. We provide tools and alerts to help you stay on top of important compliance obligations. Unlike other providers of process agent services, BizFilings doesn’t charge extra for the services you need to stay informed and compliant. We offer:
- Prompt handling of official documents. We provide prompt and efficient handling of important state, tax and legal documents received on behalf of your company.
- Professional and discreet Service of Process delivery. We’ll email and digitally scan Service of Process documents to you for instant viewing.
- No hidden fees. Our annual fee names us as your process agent in all 50 states and covers the handling of all legal documents. Other companies may charge an additional fee per document.
- Exceptional, friendly customer service. Available by phone, email or chat, our knowledgeable representatives are happy to answer questions you have about compliance, your account or placing an order with us.
- BizComply management tool. Our exclusive, account management tool lets you schedule and track all your company and compliance events, as well as email you reminders of upcoming state obligations, invoices and more.