This unique work describes the possibilities and limitations of modern reconstructive and aesthetic surgery of the female and male genitalia.
Reconstruction of congenital and acquired abnormalities or defects – both functional and aesthetic – is a major challenge, as is individualized treatment in the case of diagnostically verified transsexualism. Surgical procedures in this highly sensitive body region require unusually detailed knowledge of the anatomy and a well-founded operative training, which goes beyond specialist training.
Written by a panel of European experts in genital surgery, the work successfully links the fields of plastic surgery, gynecology, urology, and dermatology.
- The specialized surgical techniques can be quickly reviewed and understood by means of concise texts and more than 300 illustrations
- Complications and complication management are directly integrated into the chapters and facilitate a realistic assessment of the risks while suggesting appropriate therapy of the complications themselves
- Numerous case studies illustrate the many facets of the subject using many high quality color photographs and graphics
- Special chapter on genital surgery in the pediatric population, including ectopic testes, phimosis, hypospadias, vaginal malformations, rectovaginal fistulas, and more.
Reconstructive and Aesthetic Genital Surgery will be a much-welcomed guide for the surgeon becoming acquainted with the complexities and controversies of genital surgery.
- Thieme Medical Publishers
- Product Type:
- Zeplin, Philip H.
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- 1st Ed.
- Publication Year: