This unique work from acclaimed author Dr. Paul L. Marino (Marino’s The ICU Book, The Little ICU Book) presents oxygen as a destructive force in the organic world, as a source of lethal cell injury in humans, describes how humans are designed to withstand the damaging effects of oxygen, and how the excessive and unregulated use of oxygen in clinical practice can be harmful.
- Describes how oxygen and its reactive metabolites can damage vital cell components (such as cell membranes, DNA, and all varieties of cell proteins) and how oxygen participates in the damaging effects of inflammation, radiation, and aging.
- Describes the inherent mechanisms for protection against oxidative damage.
- Highlights the problems in the clinical use of oxygen, and how the current use of oxygen can be harmful.
- Debunks popular perceptions about oxygen and presents an alternative “paradigm” for the role of oxygen in health and disease.
- Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
- Product Type:
- Marino, Paul L.
- Internal Medicine
- 1st Ed.
- Publication Year:
- Advances in Surgical Pathology: Gastric Cancer
- Alzheimer's Care Today
- American Journal of Critical Care
- Critical Care Nurse
- Critically Appraising Evidence for Healthcare
- Diabetes Mellitus, guia para el manejo del paciente
- Fisiopatología renal. Fundamentos
- Fundamentos de Radiología de Diagnóstico
- Ginecología de Novak
- International Pharmaceutical Abstracts (IPA)
- Journal of Hospital Medicine
- Kaplan & Sadock. Manual de bolsillo de psiquiatría clínica
- Kaplan Hipertensión clínica
- Manual de endocrinología y metabolismo
- Neurology Clinical Practice
- Pediatric Primary Care: Well-Child Care
- Pharmacology Made Incredibly Easy!
- Real Living with Multiple Sclerosis
- Survey of Anesthesiology
- Synthesizing Descriptive Evidence
- Synthesizing Economic Evidence
- Synthesizing Evidence from Narrative, Text and Opinion
- Synthesizing Evidence of Diagnostic Accuracy
- Synthesizing Evidence of Harm
- Synthesizing Evidence of Risk
- Synthesizing Qualitative Evidence
- Synthesizing Quantitative Evidence
- Techniques in Knee Surgery
- Translation Science and the JBI Model of Evidence-Based Healthcare
- Wallach. Interpretación clínica de pruebas diagnósticas