Five Lippincott nursing education publications have been honored as exceptional texts for advancing healthcare quality by the American Journal of Nursing (AJN) 2017 Book of the Year Awards.
The Lippincott nursing book winners in four categories include:
- Gerontological Nursing
- Gerontological Nursing by Charlotte Eliopoulos – 2nd Place
- Teaching with ACES: A Faculty Guide edited by M. Elaine Tagliareni (co-published with the National League for Nursing)– 3rd Place
- Information Technology
- Simulation Champions: Fostering Courage, Caring, and Connection by Colette Foisy-Doll and Kim Leighton – 1st Place
- Nursing Education/Continuing Education/Professional Development
- Interprofessional Education and Collaborative Practice: Creating a Blueprint for Nurse Educators edited by Elizabeth Speakman (co-published with the National League for Nursing) – 2nd Place
- Nursing Management and Leadership
- Leadership Roles and Management Functions in Nursing: Theory and Application by Bessie L. Marquis and Carol J. Huston
For 48 years, the annual AJN Book of the Year program has recognized the best in nursing publishing. This prestigious competition that garners the attention of the nursing community and supporting healthcare publishers. The winners are chosen by a panel of judges who range from college professors to clinicians to nursing executives. Awards are given for first, second and third place in 20 categories.