Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Speakers: Linda T. Fisher, Founder, Linda T. Fisher 5500 Consulting, LLC and Mary B. Andersen, President and Founder, ERISAdiagnostics, Inc.
Join us for a very informative webinar with the authors of the Wolters Kluwer 5500 Preparer’s Manual for 2020 Plan Years, Linda Fisher and Mary Andersen. They will present 2020 Form 5500 changes in addition to other enhancements of the manual.
During 2020, the government issued laws and guidance that impacted employee benefit plans. During this webinar we will explain how these changes impact completion of the Form 5500 so you can provide your clients with expert guidance. We will also address common errors, questions, and misconceptions regarding the Form 5500.
The 5500 Preparer’s Manual for the 2020 plan year is filled with updated guidance to assist with the completion of the Form 5500 and accompanying schedules. These updates will be discussed during this webinar, including the following topics:
- New for 2020 - Frequently Asked Questions. A great resource to reference as common questions come up from your clients and plan administrators.
- EFAST2 submission for one-participant and foreign plans to file the Form 5500-EZ electronically and how to amend these prior year filings.
- The SECURE Act of 2019, provisions that impact the Form 5500.
- New ERISA Section 103(a)(3)(C)) audit and its impact to 5500 preparers.
- An increase in EFAST2 edit warnings that will cause confusion for preparers and signers.
- Form 5500 audit triggers to the DOL and IRS so you can reduce the chance of the plan being audited.
- Common errors and questions.
Join us for a very informative session!