Download this free white paper and webinar from Drs. Linda North and Lisa Shiver, Southern Union State Community College by completing the form.
HealthApril 01, 2016
Engaging students in the concept-based curriculum
This white paper, including the webinar it is based on, introduces us to the purpose of a concept-based curriculum. Teaching strategies are introduced that encourage student engagement. Classroom assessment techniques are discussed as strategy to assess classroom learning. Included is an introduction about the purpose of a concept-based curriculum, how to create a classroom environment that encourages student engagement, teaching strategies that can engage students, and ways to assess student learning in a concept-based classroom.
Webinar participants will be able to:
- Discuss the purpose of a concept-based curriculum
- Identify how to create a classroom environment that encourages student engagement
- Identify teaching strategies to engage students in a concept-based classroom
- Create student assignments to promote engagement
- Identify ways to assess student learning in an engaged classroom in a concept-based classroom
Download the white paper and watch the webinar
Fill out the form for instant access to this expert nurse educator content
Lippincott® CoursePoint for Nursing Concepts
Advance your concept-based curriculum with student-centered learning strategies and evidence-based content.
ArticleHealthDecember 13, 2022Medical cannabis and the nurse's roleThe likelihood of cannabis use becoming federally legal is increasing, so it’s important for nursing professionals and nursing students to be able to provide knowledgeable and effective medical cannabis care to their patients.Learn More