Engaging students in the concept-based curriculum
This white paper, including the webinar it is based on, introduces us to the purpose of a concept-based curriculum. Teaching strategies are introduced that encourage student engagement. Classroom assessment techniques are discussed as strategy to assess classroom learning. Included is an introduction about the purpose of a concept-based curriculum, how to create a classroom environment that encourages student engagement, teaching strategies that can engage students, and ways to assess student learning in a concept-based classroom.
Webinar participants will be able to:
- Discuss the purpose of a concept-based curriculum
- Identify how to create a classroom environment that encourages student engagement
- Identify teaching strategies to engage students in a concept-based classroom
- Create student assignments to promote engagement
- Identify ways to assess student learning in an engaged classroom in a concept-based classroom