Experts across brain-related fields trace mechanisms of conditions such as Parkinson’s disease, TBI, and dementia as they impact regions of the brain, and resulting cognitive, emotional, sensory, and motor impairments as they contribute to deficits in personal and social functioning. In addition to symptoms and behaviors associated with insults to the brain (and the extent to which the brain can adapt or self-repair), chapters provide cogent examples of how societal and cultural expectations can shape the context and experience of disability. The book’s focus on everyday activities brings new clarity to diverse links between symptoms and diagnosis, brain and behavior.
Included in the coverage:
- The aging brain and changes in daily function.
- Stroke: impact on life and daily function.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) and the impact on daily life.
- ·Everyday life with cancer.
- Real-world impact of HIV-associated neurocognitive impairment.
- Disability and public policy in America.
- Living after brain changes, from the patient’s perspective.
Rich in empirical data and human insight, Changes in the Brain gives neuropsychologists, clinical psychologists, clinical social workers, and rehabilitation nurses a robust new understanding of the daily lives of patients, both in theory and in the real world.
- Product Type:
- Chiaravalloti, Nancy D.; Goverover, Yael
- 1st Ed.
- Publication Year:
- Doody's Star Rating®:
- Acute Ischemic Stroke: Medical, Endovascular, and Surgical Techniques
- Adolescent Gynecology: A Clinical Casebook
- Advanced Age Geriatric Care: A Comprehensive Guide
- Atlas of Clinical Neurology
- Atlas of Pediatric Dermatoscopy
- Atlas of Robotic Urologic Surgery
- Brain Arteriovenous Malformations: Pathogenesis, Epidemiology, Diagnosis, Treatment and Outcome
- Breast Surgery: Aesthetic Approaches
- Cardiovascular Genetics and Genomics: Principles and Clinical Practice
- Clues in the Diagnosis of Non-tumoral Testicular Pathology
- Complications in Foot and Ankle Surgery: Management Strategies
- Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment
- Corneal Collagen Cross Linking
- Current Management of Venous Diseases
- Damage Control Management in the Polytrauma Patient
- Diagnosis and Management of Breast Tumors: A Practical Handbook and Multidisciplinary Approach
- Difficult Decisions in Cardiothoracic Critical Care Surgery: An Evidence-Based Approach
- Discussing Migraine With Your Patients: A Common Sense Guide for Clinicians
- Ductal Carcinoma in Situ of the Breast
- Endocrine Surgery in Children
- Evidence-based Therapy in Vascular Surgery
- Fetal Cardiology: A Practical Approach to Diagnosis and Management
- Foundations of Ophthalmology: Great Insights that Established the Discipline
- Hypertension and Heart Failure: Epidemiology, Mechanisms and Treatment
- Illustrated Guide to Pediatric Urology, An
- Management of Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Medicolegal Issues in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Ocular Emergency
- Organizational Context of Nursing Practice, The: Concepts, Evidence, and Interventions for Improvement