Unperfected liens in your portfolio have the potential to become a big problem. At any time, up to 6% of the liens in your portfolio could be unperfected. With an average loan amount of $481M, that could represent up to $29M in unprotected assets. Can you take that much risk?
Potential problems could include:
- Debtor name change – Financing statements will only be effective for collateral acquired before the name change and for four months after
- Entity status change – Potentially lose the recoverability of the loan
- UCC not filed in the correct jurisdiction – Financing statement is not effective
Our risk mitigation services can help you:
- Diagnose your risk – With our lien analytics capability, we can provide unprecedented visibility into your portfolio
- Bulk filings – We file UCCs in bulk using streamlined processes instead of error-prone data rekeying
- Ongoing monitoring – Part of our advanced, complete suite of Manage solutions; you'll know about any debtor-related changes immediately
Download brochure to learn more.