Real-time clinical surveillance and analytics solutions go beyond electronic health record (EHR) alerts to identify the early onset of patient deterioration or life-threatening events requiring care team intervention.
Busy hospitals and hospital systems wrestle with how to focus on sepsis improvement efforts, target healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) and reduce readmissions. The COVID-19 pandemic has only exacerbated these challenges.
In this ebook, Leveraging Real-Time Data and Advanced Analytics to Anticipate Early Onset of Critical Conditions, we cover discussion from hospital executives on the use of clinical surveillance systems to leverage real-time patient data from EHRs to provide timely alerts about critical conditions to improve care quality.
The discussion covered topics including:
- clinical priorities to reduce sepsis, HAIs, and readmissions
- tools, technologies, and metrics being used to curb quality problems
- how hospitals are leveraging data in the EHR and clinical decision-support tools to improve patient outcomes
- how hospitals are using clinical surveillance technology to pinpoint the early onset of deteriorating conditions or life-threatening events
- criteria the clinical leadership team is using to evaluate and justify investments in clinical surveillance technology
- How artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, and natural language processing is used to detect patient deterioration and accelerate diagnosis and appropriate interventions
Download the ebook to discover how key healthcare executives are prioritizing and tackling sepsis, HAIs, and readmissions.