Are you searching for a tool to track and manage personal data processes within your organization? With GDPR, the pressure is on to have systems and processes in place that keep data safe and help you mitigate the risks of a data breach.
Obligations for both data controllers and processors have increased, resulting in an increased risk for companies where they will have to deal with a growing amount of claims from data subjects but also have to revise their liability policies. Luckily, technology can help you stay on top of your data processes and breaches to avoid sanctions. The nature and amount of data processing makes manually monitoring personal data impossible.
Strategic data protection and Legal Tech go hand in hand. Intelligent tools support you in analysing, optimising and documenting all relevant data-protection processes. The following is a selection of the benefits and potential applications of these specialised technologies:
- Central data storage and simpler, faster and more reliable data analysis in real time.
- Access, at any time, to all contracts and legal documents as well as the definitive communication on the relevant processes and decisions in terms of data-protection law.
- Archiving important legal documents such as non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), agreements with third parties concerning data processing or employee data protection declarations.
- Managing a central directory of procedures or an overview of processing, including the systems of authorised data processors.
- Risk management dashboard allowing monitoring, regardless of one’s location, of relevant personal data processing activities, acute risks and (counter-)measures introduced in real time.
- Central management of agreements with service providers on data processing as well as employee data protection declarations, including automated reminders about missing documentation.
- Seamless, audit-proof documentation of Electronic Data Processes and responsibilities.
- Policy archive and storage of lists of measures, instructions, responsibilities and contact information.
- Overview of the status quo of planned, current and completed training measures.
- Tasks dashboard and automatic email reminders about outstanding to-do’s.
- Protected data rooms for sensitive data and projects.
- Flexible access management in order to minimise the number of people who can access sensitive data.
- Filing contractual documents that have been checked under data protection law.
- Automated generation of contracts, including relevant appendices for the purpose of data protection law (e.g. to obtain consent to data processing).
In light of the significantly expanded personal liability risks and the threat of draconian fines, consider that using modern technologies will allow you to work even more efficiently and securely. If you do not have suitable technology to meet your needs, it is time to implement a solution as quickly as possible. What’s more, you will be able to outsource at least some of the liability risks in the area of data security and protection to external service providers.
Managing data privacy information with Legisway
As Legal Counsel, you are an important player in your company’s data protection process. You need to be able to manage your company’s legal information to minimize risk, whether alone or in collaboration with Compliance and/or Data Protection officers. With Legisway, it is easy to work with your legal information to align with GDPR, ensure the entire company is using the latest updated templates, record data processing activities and data breaches to avoid fines and claims.
Learn how Legisway can help you manage Data Privacy here, download our Data Privacy factsheet and request a demo.