Updated competencies are at the heart of the publication's 20 standards statements, which frame the evaluation of practice outcomes and goals of all school nurses and delineate what is expected of their practice, by their healthcare peers and others in educational settings. Its scope of practice—the what, how, where, when, who, and why of their practice—is the context for applying these standards.
- What school nursing is: The definition and description of school nursing practice, and its five tenets, which characterize its conduct and thread through the scope and standards of that practice.
- How school nurses practice professionally: The ways, means, methods, processes, and manner by which the school nurse practices to create and sustained health-oriented system of care, including interprofessional collaboration.
- Where school nursing occurs: Settings including school-based health centers and wellness centers, and locations away from or outside of school or the school day, all which need to be healthy work and learning environments.
- When school nursing occurs: Whenever research and evidence-based nursing is needed to advance the well-being, academic success, and lifelong achievement of each student; encompasses special-needs and environmental health issues.
- Who school nurses are: RNs, graduate-level-prepared RNs, and APRNs who have been educated, titled, and maintain active licensure to practice; some statistical context and details on professional competence and its evaluation fill out this portrait.
- Why school nursing: School nurses advocate for a diverse array of students, families, and school communities while supporting student health, safety, and learning; they are guided by nursing's ethical code a code of ethics specific to school nursing, and a culturally congruent and holistic approach to the nursing process.
School Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice, 3rd Edition covers the full extent of nurse practice at all levels and in all settings and roles. It is a must-have for the practicing or aspiring school nurse and a useful resource for allied interprofessional practitioners and stakeholders.
- American Nurses Association, Inc
- Product Type:
- ANA; NASN
- Management & Administration
- Nursing Education
- 3rd Ed.
- Publication Year:
- Alzheimer's Care Today
- Curriculum Development and Evaluation in Nursing Education
- Diabetes Mellitus, guia para el manejo del paciente
- El Libro de la UCI
- Endocrinología Ginecológica Clínica y Esterilidad
- Enfermedad de Parkinson y trastornos del movimiento
- Fármacos durante el embarazo y la lactancia
- Fast Facts about the Gynecological Exam: A Professional Guide for NPs, PAs, and Midwives
- Fast Facts for the School Nurse: What You Need to Know
- JBI PACES
- Journal of Hospice & Palliative Nursing
- Manual de Diálisis
- Mulholland and Greenfield's Surgery: Scientific Principles & Practice
- NDNQI Case Studies in Nursing Quality Improvement
- Neurology Clinical Practice
- Nurse Practitioner, The
- Nursing Management
- Nutrition Today
- Oncologia Ginecologica de Berek & Hacker
- Operative Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgical Oncology
- Operative Techniques in Spine Surgery
- Orthopaedic Nursing
- Pathophysiology Made Incredibly Easy!
- Pathways to a Nursing Education Career: Transitioning from Practice to Academia
- Real Living with Multiple Sclerosis
- Rehabilitation Nursing
- Survey of Anesthesiology
- Techniques in Knee Surgery
- The Essential Guide to Nursing Practice: Applying ANA’s Scope and Standards of Practice and Education
- Visual Guide to ECG Interpretation, A