Unlike other NCLEX solutions, PassPoint is focused on targeted preparation, rather than evaluation of what students have already learned. Rather than focusing on the average student’s needs, this adaptive approach directly addresses every student’s individual strengths and weaknesses, ensuring the most efficient study and the most effective outcomes. PassPoint’s adaptive quizzes are matched specifically to each student., creating a practice and preparation experience optimized for every student’s personal needs. This individualized, adaptive functionality helps students focus their preparation, prioritize study time, and reduce NCLEX anxiety.
Wolters Kluwer has proven results showing NCLEX pass rates of students using Lippincott PassPoint to prepare are 93.7%, more than 8% higher than national averages.*
Arkansas State University
75.2% of students wish they knew more about what the exam will be like.1 With thousands of questions reflecting the full spectrum of what students will encounter on the NCLEX—including difficult items, like alternate format questions—PassPoint provides unparalleled exam practice in an experience that’s just like taking the real exam. By mimicking the NCLEX in every way possible—from the percentage of questions in each client needs area to the exam time limit and to the adaptive format of the exam—PassPoint familiarizes students with the exam experience to ensure confidence, competence, and endurance for the real day.
- Wolters Kluwer 2018 Nursing Student Market Survey
The NCSBN will make modifications to both the NCLEX-RN® and NCLEX-PN® parameters as of October 1, 2020:
- The exam has a shortened time limit of five hours.
- The minimum number of true test items is 60.
- The maximum number of true test items is 130.
- 15 pretest items will be reintroduced so minimum length exam is 75 items and max is 145 items with these questions included.
- The difficulty level and passing standard is unchanged.
- The current Run Out of Time (root) scoring rule is no longer applicable. The final ability estimate is computed from the response to all completed items. Those scoring above the passing standard will have a passing exam, otherwise the exam will be scored as a fail.
- For NCLEX-RN®, the voluntary NGN Special Research Section will be reintroduced.
Lippincott® PassPoint can mimic these test parameters to help students practice for this modified exam.