The interaction between Succession Law and Property Law Issues
A practical guide which highlights the interaction between property transactions, business law issues and succession law.
The interaction between different areas of law are now more common than ever due to the ever changing landscape of society and the complex structures that many clients have in place. When dealing with property and businesses, it is extremely important to ensure that any succession law issues are dealt with appropriately. It is also equally important to consider property and business law when administering an estate.
This webinar will provide a high-level practical overview of the many aspects of property and business law issues and their interaction with succession law including:
- The legal basics of transferring wealth from one generation to the next and what you need to know as an adviser
- Clients with businesses and external entities: What needs to be done when a will is not enough?
- The appropriation of property assets from an estate
- The importance of Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Challenges and risks of granny flat scenarios
- Case studies
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
Attendees of this seminar will learn about common property transactions and their application to succession law, the pitfalls and some practical tips on how to avoid them.
- Lawyers who practice in wills and estates or are new to the area
- Lawyers who practice in property law
- Financial planners
Adeline Schiralli, Consulting Principal, Keypoint Law – Acc. Spec. (Wills & Estates). Adeline is an accomplished estate planning and elder law solicitor with extensive experience developing comprehensive and practical estate plans that suit the individual circumstances of her clients. Prior to joining Keypoint Law as a Consulting Principal, Adeline was a Senior Associate in the Wills and Estates team of a large prominent suburban firm. Adeline holds a Masters of Law (Applied Law) in which she majored in Wills and Estates and is a member of the NSW Law Society’s Elder Law, Capacity & Succession Committee. Adeline was also listed in the Doyles Guide 2017 as a “Rising Star” in the category of Wills, Estates and Succession Planning and is a Law Society Accredited Specialist in Wills and Estates.
Your webinar purchase includes:
- PowerPoint presentation
- Supporting documentation
- Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
- An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter