Business Advisory Alert: Major New Corporate Risk Laws
Multi-million dollar whistleblower protections - do you know your risks and how to handle them?
Following the Royal Commission, radical reforms to corporations and tax laws make Australia one of the toughest whistleblowing regimes in the world.
With fines up to 10% of turnover and potential prison sentences, all auditors, accountants, tax advisors, senior managers and directors have personal liability, and need to understand:
- when someone is blowing the whistle
- what needs to be done
- what to avoid
Samantha Mangwana of Shine Lawyers will provide a high level overview of the key issues, illustrated with real-life examples.
Webinar Learning Outcomes:
- How these new laws affect attendees in practice
- What is a whistleblowing disclosure and who may make one
- What is meant by protecting anonymity and prohibiting victimisation
- All private sector corporations and their business support advisors
- Auditors, accountants, tax professionals and legal advisers
- Introductory – no prior knowledge required
Samantha Mangwana is a Legal Consultant and leads Shine Lawyers’ Executive Employment and Partnership practice, focusing on delivering specialist advice to senior executives and partners.
Samantha is highly experienced, with 15 years in practice – having advised employers as well as individuals – which gives her a valuable insight into how to get the right outcomes. Prior to working at Shine, she was a Partner at the leading firms in London advising individual senior executives and partners, predominantly from the legal and financial services sectors. Her experience included working on some of the highest profile City discrimination and whistleblowing cases.
You will be provided with:
- PowerPoint presentation slide deck
- Any Supporting documentation
- Webinar Recording to view multiple times for up to 6 months
- An opportunity to ask questions to the presenter
DATE OF ORIGINAL BROADCAST
03 September 2019
ArticleComplianceLegalJanuary 09, 2023Company law – Your corporate guide to cyber security and data breachesA guided walk-through of cyber security and data breaches, and the importance of vigilance when it comes to securing client data in particular personal, confidential or highly-sensitive data.Learn More