Some discussions happen in the moment, while others can be prepared for. Where the latter is possible, there are incredible gains and mutual benefits that flow from sound preparation.
This session will focus on:
- Strategies for effective preparation
- Understanding the parameters for negotiation
- Exploring hypotheticals
- Identifying connectors and common ground
- Discovering potential options early
- Engaging in discussions in a way that fosters trust, rapport, and the opportunity for ongoing business relationships
An interactive style session with practical examples for application, suitable for anyone who frequently engages in planning, project management, stakeholder engagement, client meetings and negotiations more broadly.
Participants will leave this session with a set of tools, checklists, and strategies for preparing for negotiations, as well as language that fosters joint problem solving and relationship building. They will have the opportunity to reflect on the game changing technique of interest based rather than position based discussions so that they feel better equipped to role model and participate in such discussions.
All professionals who work with others, especially those engaged in planning, project management, stakeholder engagement, client meetings and negotiations more broadly.
You will also be provided with:
- A PDF of the presenter’s PowerPoint
- Access to the subsequent e-Learning including transcript, CPD Quiz and webinar recording which can be viewed multiple times
- Any Supporting Documentation
- A CPD Certificate if you attend more than 80% of the live session